R & S Trucking has an immediate opening for a Dump Truck Dispatcher . This individual directly supervises and coordinates activities of 25 to 35 drivers engaged in delivering aggregate and other material to plant sites, job sites and customers.
We have the most competitive compensation in the industry and are always pursuing other ways to show our appreciation for our team by an open line of communication with our employees and asking what it is that they need and value. We know how difficult this industry can be and we want to be the leaders in creating alternative, and complete compensation packages as well as the best working experience.
R & S Trucking is one of the fastest-growing and best-paying trucking companies in Northern California. We are on the cutting edge in the trucking and logistics arena. The company culture is one of teamwork and respect. We believe nothing is impossible if we all work together and nurture an environment of positivity.
We provide company-paid medical, dental, and vision; 401k and company match; paid vacation, and holidays and are continually researching other benefits to add to our already impressive offerings such as safety bonuses and employee recognition programs. We don't just say we value good employees; we show our employees how much they are valued by paying the highest wage and offering the best benefits package in the industry!
If you are looking for a forever home that appreciates its employees and values their contributions to the company R & S Trucking WANTS YOU!
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Interviews and hires applicants.
- Promotes, participates in performance appraisals, rewards, disciplines, addresses complaints and resolves problems regarding employees.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws..
- Oversees loading and dispatching of dump truck drivers and trucks.
- Plans routes and schedules drivers and trucks for delivery of aggregates and other materials.
- Ensures established routes and schedules are maintained.
- Communicates with equipment manager, supervisors, plant managers, job foremen, and outside customers for delivery of aggregates and other materials.
- Hires and schedules outside trucks to assist in deliveries to plants and jobs.
- Orders state, county, and city permits for oversize and overweight loads.
- Approves and codes timecards, fuel tickets, and delivery tickets.
- Tracks drivers' hours of service and monitors logbooks to ensure DOT compliance.
- Maintains files for driver daily logs and daily vehicle inspection reports for DOT compliance.
- Compiles list of available trucks.
- Assigns trucks according to factors such as length and purpose of trip, and freight requirements.
- Issues keys, record sheets, and credentials to drivers.
- Records time of departure, destination, cargo, and expected time of return.
- Investigates overdue trucks.
- Directs activities of drivers by two-way radio or other available communication method.
- Issues equipment to drivers such as material handling supplies and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Assigns helpers to drivers.
- May be required to load/unload trucks.
- May be required to drive or escort a commercial motor vehicle.
- During absence of other personnel, additional tasks may be required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills
- Current Class A CDL (Commercial Driver License) with airbrake and combination endorsement preferred.